At 2ULaundry we are constantly optimizing the way in which we take care of logistics. As our company grows and our operations become more complex, it becomes more and more challenging to take care of every detail in our logistics to ensure our customers receive the best service possible.
This is why, starting in October 2023, we have optimized our routing in Charlotte following the logistics model of the other cities we work with: we are implementing unified neighborhood routes for the entire city. In the world of logistics this is known as "commingled" routing.
Up until now, our drivers were picking bags up in the morning and taking care of deliveries in the late afternoon. If we had a delivery ready in the morning, if would still have to wait until later in the day to be brought to you. And the other way around, we were adapting our routes to pick bags up in the morning even if that were not the most efficient logistic approach.
We are now changing the way in which we do pickup and deliveries to ensure we provide the most efficient service possible. This, however, might cause some changes to your routine and we want to explain our reasoning in further detail. Click on the links below to read more about unified neighborhood routes:
- New pickup and delivery times
- Does this mean my laundry will be left outside longer?
- How will this impact my weekly recurring schedule/laundry delivery?
- Why are dry cleaning orders now delayed?
- How do I change my schedule so I have my dry cleaning delivered earlier in the week?
- Will the prices you charge for dry cleaning be impacted?