The Folde has joined forces with 2ULaundry. We're excited! Here is some information about the integration process as we welcome you to 2ULaundry. It’s our goal to make this as seamless as possible for you. This article contains all of the information you need to know about the transition from The Folde to 2ULaundry.
- What is 2ULaundry?
- What does this mean for my current order?
- Is there any change to my weekly schedule?
- How do I place my next order?
- Have all of my laundry preferences and location notes been switched over?
- Is there a new app?
- Do I need to update my credit card?
- Will my credits be transferred to my new account?
- Will I continue to receive text message updates reminding me about my service?
- What are the benefits of 2ULaundry for The Folde customers?
What is 2ULaundry?
2ULaundry is a laundry delivery service that started in Charlotte, NC and has since expanded all over the country. Like The Folde, we love laundry! And, we’re really good at it.
That’s why this is the perfect partnership. We’re huge fans of The Folde - their team, their processes, their laundry facilities, and their laundry know-how. We’re so excited to join forces with The Folde to help make laundry day easy across the country.
While the name, the bags, and the vans have changed, the people have not. And, that is important because laundry is very personal.
- The drivers delivering your laundry are the same.
- The folders folding your laundry are the same.
- The facilities where your laundry is cared for are the same.
What does this mean for my current order?
All of The Folde staff, vans, and facilities are now part of the 2ULaundry family. Your order is being picked up, cleaned, and delivered by the same people - just under a different name.
The noticeable differences you will see with your current order are:
- There is a 25% off promo code applied to your first order. This will automatically deduct from your order total. Consider this a Welcome to 2ULaundry gift!
- When the driver is picking up your order, you will get your reminder text messages from a new phone number. Just like with The Folde, you can reply to this to reach our Customer Care team. However, it will be a new phone number.
- You will receive a receipt from 2ULaundry - instead of the usual receipt you receive from The Folde. You will also see the 2ULaundry name on your bank statement.
- Your laundry will be delivered in 2ULaundry Bags - instead of The Folde bags. These bags are very similar in shape, size, purpose, and cost. For more information on laundry bag pricing, you can read more here.
Is there any change to my weekly schedule?
For weekly recurring customers: No, there has been no change to your weekly schedule. We have transitioned your schedule over to 2ULaundry for you. To review your current schedule, please download the 2ULaundry app and sign in using your phone number. The app is available for iOS download here and Google Play download here.
For bi-weekly or monthly recurring customers: 2ULaundry does not yet offer recurring schedules on a bi-weekly or monthly frequency. There are two options:
- Option #1: Switch to weekly recurring schedules: You can switch to a weekly recurring schedule. When you get the reminder about your next laundry pickup, you can skip the pickup via text message or push notification. A weekly recurring schedule reserves your place on the delivery route. However, if you do not need a laundry pickup, you can skip with no penalty.
- In an effort to make sure no laundry days are missed, all bi-weekly and monthly recurring orders are being switched to weekly recurring orders.
- Option #2: We can remove your weekly recurring order and you can log into the app to schedule a-la-carte orders as needed.
How do I place my next order?
If you have a recurring order, your recurring order has been transferred to the 2ULaundry app automatically. To confirm this, you can log in to the app and view your upcoming orders.
If you do not have a recurring order set up, you will log in to the 2ULaundry app to schedule your next service. Please note that all The Folde customers will “Sign In” since your account is already created.You do not need to create a new account.
Have all of my laundry preferences and location notes been switched over?
Yes, your laundry preferences and location notes have been switched over to your new 2ULaundry account. It’s our goal to make this as seamless as possible for you. To confirm these notes, you can log in to your 2ULaundry account and select the “Profile” section. If you need to make any edits to your laundry preferences, location notes, contact information or credit card on file, you can do so here.
Is there a new app?
Yes, there is! While learning a new app might be a bit intimidating, day-to-day tasks like updating passwords, changing preferences, tracking invoices, etc. will be much improved. The 2ULaundry app allows you to manage multiple locations and multiple orders much easier. It is available for iOS download here and Google Play download here.
Do I need to update my credit card?
No. Your credit card should be automatically added to your new 2ULaundry account. You can review or update your payment method by logging into your account in the mobile app. Once logged in, you'll click the "Profile" tab at the bottom of the screen. Scroll down to "Your Payment Methods" to make any changes:
Will my credits be transferred to my new account?
Yes! We want to make sure every credit you had in your favor at The Folde is transferred into your new 2ULaundry account. However, this might not happen automatically so please let our Customer Care team know via email or chat that you have a pending credit transfer. We will transfer your credits immediately and you'll be able to use them right away!
Will I continue to receive text message updates reminding me about my service?
When you have the app downloaded, you will receive a push notification reminding you about your upcoming orders and the driver's arrival. This push notification overrides the SMS notification so you don’t receive the communication twice.
If you do not have the app downloaded, you will continue to receive text message notification about your upcoming orders and the driver's arrival.
Because of this adjustment to the new app and communication cadence, we are waiving all fees associated with failed pickups. Our goal is to get you switched to the new system and communication frequency without any negative impact.
What are the benefits of 2ULaundry for The Folde customers?
- Free Next Day Delivery: The Folde charged $5 for next-day wash and fold laundry service. Under 2ULaundry, next-day service will be free!
- Linen Only Bag: 2ULaundry offers a Linen Bag for your linens. This way, you can send your laundry in your laundry bag while sending your linens in your linen bag - at a discounted price.
- Improved App Experience: While learning a new app might be a bit intimidating, day-to-day tasks like updating passwords, changing preferences, tracking invoices, etc. will be much improved. The app allows you to manage multiple locations and multiple orders much easier.
- Same Drivers, Folders, and Facilities: It is important that you know we’re keeping the same staff, the same facilities, and the same dedication to making your laundry day easy. Our delivery vans are just pink now…